WordPress Training Solutions
We have designed a beginners workshop which will take you from zero to comfortable with WordPress. The course has been tested on a number of non-WordPress individuals who successfully completed the course and have gone on to master e-commerce and SEO on their own WordPress site.
The journey begins with the story of WordPress and the 5 minute install in action. Once you are up and running on your own we will move on to the admin area and dashboard.
We explore the differences between pages, posts and taxonomies. Plugins are up next with an overview of the plugins, how to install and free vs paid for. Themes will be the last category you cover and we will install a blank theme to show you how they work and then install a professional paid for a theme with front end builder to show how quickly one can build up pages.
Wrapping up we touch on advanced topics and eCommerce.
R8000 – 12 Hours
Sat & Sun ( 8:00-14:00)
Weekdays ( Mon-Thur 18:30 – 21:30)
We work on a live site, so this can be a demo site or the actual website that you own.
- Introduction to WordPress
- Working with WordPress – required hosting
- Running a dev/staging site
- Installing WordPress on localhost and FTP
- Installing a Theme – choosing a theme, installing, setting up basic pages
- Creating Posts – basic blog posts, how categories and tags work
- Creating Individual Pages – basic layout with editor and themes / using a page builder
- SEO and YOAST Plugin – setting up a sitemap, using on-page SEO
- WordPress Resources – tools to make your life easier – TinyPNG, Post Duplicator
- Installing Plugins – essential plugins Analytics, Security , Contact, Speed
- Security – maintenance, plugin management, 2FA access
- Backups – Backing up server, off-site , methodology, disaster recovery
All courses are now virtual due to COVID and can be scheduled for a weekend or mid-week to suit your schedule.
Email us if you are interested.